Rediscovered Flash Volume 1
Although Leonard “Stoney” St. Clair’s name is universally known amongst the tattoo artist, little of Stoney’s flash has been published or seen. Recently, Columbus Tattooer Joey Knuckles, was able to acquire over 30 years of Stoney’s flash and effects. Stoney uniquely wrote the date and location of each painting on the back (as well as when he would touch up or add to a painting). Volume 1 contains a practically complete picture of Stoney’s beautifully hand painted flash from 1952-1968, from his time in Biloxi, Mississippi and Tampa, Florida.
We couldn’t be more excited to share Joey's collection of the unseen and unpublished works of one of the most colorful and talented old time American tattoo artists.
“Stoney” St. Clair REDISCOVERED FLASH Volume 1
- 100+ - 12x8 offset printed pages of tattoo flash photos, personal and professional effects from Stoney’s life and work. On premium quality matte 100lb paper with a high-quality, flexible lay-flat stitch binding with an debossed fabric cover.
- 600+ designs with Stoney’s signature flavor spanning a huge portion of Stoney’s tattoo career. Some of the most unique and well illustrated flash from this era of tattooing.
- Photos of Stoney's tattoo trunk, stencils, machines, as well as personal and tattooed icon photos from his personal scrapbook.
These stencils were recently rediscovered and acquired by Joey Knuckles of Columbus, Ohio, along with Stoney St. Clair's nearly complete tattoo collection from a relative of Mr. St. Clair. There are very few stencils known to exist cut by Stoney during his nearly 60 plus year career until this recent and important discovery. This book contains almost 250 stencils - ranging from Stoney’s time in Tampa, Florida during the 50s all the way through Stoney’s final and most well known Columbus, Ohio location. This book is a preview of other books of flash and ephemera from Stoney’s illustrious career and we’re very happy to share these designs with you in a high quality easy to tattoo format.
- Proudly printed and bound in the USA with a durable, screen printed leatherette cover
- (50) 8.5x11 pages on a premium quality 80lb paper
- Lay-flat book perfect for copying and tracing
- Almost 250 hand-cut stencils from Stoney himself
- Limited edition printing
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.